Wroclaw: Egg Cafe


Apparently it's been almost three years since my last post on this blog and the reason I came back from this hiatus is the Egg Cafe in Wroclaw. I have written quite a bit about coffee shops in my home town in the past but this one is particularly special as Egg Cafe seems to be as obsessed with surfing and coffee as I am; so it was love at first sight.

Full disclosure - I have been stalking the place on Insta since it opened and couldn't wait to pop in when I was next in Poland. So one weekend in March, despite only flying home for 24 hrs, a visit to Egg was high on my priorities list. After all, a family breakfast tastes even better when no one has to cook!

The place was relatively quiet for a Sunday morning - no London-style queues of brunch-goers out the door so we were able to be seated straight away - I was impressed already. The cafe is spread across two rooms and tastefully decorated throughout. It's warm and inviting despite its dark grey walls and is brightened up by decorations: plenty of surf photographs, plants, as well as wooden and copper accessories. You could be forgiven for thinking you're in sunny Sydney as the cafe is heavily influenced by Australian culture: from the pictures on the walls, Aussie-themed books laid out around the rooms to the down under inspired menu.

As to the main event - the coffee...well, it was delicious. I might've had three in the course of two hours...Egg Cafe is the sort of place you just want to chill in - a perfect spot for a lazy weekend brunch. Be prepared to stay longer than you planned, to order more than you expected and to smile wider than you thought possible.

<3









Comments

Popular Posts