Barcelona: Satan's Coffee Corner

If things do actually 'happen for a reason' then the reason why our original airbnb apartment in Barcelona got flooded the night before our arrival and we stayed in one right opposite the Satan's Coffee Corner instead was so we could hang out in there every day over a long weekend.

The things you need to know about Satan's Corner:

The vibe: It's very chilled out - do not go there if you're in a rush (and, let's face it, who in Barcelona is?!), great music and very friendly staff.

The space: Hypnotising and stunning - windows from floor to ceiling, plenty of natural light and not too much clutter, I absolutely loved it and couldn't get enough of it. I loved the location in the Gothic quarter with old walls surrounding this modern room, I loved the sun flooding the space, I loved the bench in the corridor and the cacti above it, I loved the island in the middle covered with magazines...it all made me feel like I was back in New Zealand.









The coffee: At least 4 different blends in one week (so you never get bored) all from the Right Side Coffee Roasters - wonderful flavours served in funky mugs.


The food: The menu changes daily but you can flip through the notebook that contains it to see previous weeks. We sampled lunch options - sourdough sandwich with poached apples, kumquat and melted Gorgonzola (yum!) as well as breakfast - chia pudding with lots of crunchy toasted goodness (although the Japanese breakfast was rather tempting!)




All and all, the paths of Satan's and My Daily Grind were meant to cross. And I am so happy they have!


Comments

Popular Posts