My mini guide to Oxford coffee

Oxford. Photo by Marta Safin


So close to London and yet a world away, Oxford boasts an energetic and vibrant coffee scene. The beauty of coffee travels is the fact that there are so many different roasteries to discover so during my fleeting visit to Oxford couple of weeks ago I vowed that I will only drink locally roasted beans.

The Missing Bean in Oxford. Photo by Marta Safin


The Missing Bean (@TheMissingBeans) served me the first coffee of the day accompanied by a scrumptious salmon bagel. My macchiato was made with their own blend and I was promised an invite as soon as the roastery is up an running. Cupping session in Oxford is definitely something worth getting out of London for! I visited on a Saturday morning and the place was filled to the brim with the Guardian reading and/or glued to the laptops crowd and had a lovely neighbourhood atmosphere. Located so close to the university (which, let's be honest, anywhere in Oxford is!) it was like stepping into an intellectual bubble.

Due to the time constraints and Zappi's (@ZappisCafe) popularity/lack of free tables, I had to give it a miss this time and move on to Cowley Street and the wacky world of music and coffee at the Truck store (@TruckMusicStore).

The Truck Store. Photo by Marta Safin

The Truck Store. Photo by Marta Safin

The Truck Store. Photo by Marta Safin


I'm a big fan of pourover and aeropress coffees and lately I prefer them to any milky varieties so whilst at Keen Bean Coffee Club I opted for the UE Coffee Roasters (@uecoffee) Ethiopian blend and enjoyed it in the blazing sunshine outside. It was beautifully delicate and floral, the way only a carefully roasted and expertly brewed coffee can be. Loved the vinyls as well and will make sure to be back in Oxford very soon. It's only a short bike ride away after all...

Comments

Popular Posts