The Neighbourhood Feel of South London: Tried & True

I've been living north of the river for the last 4 years and since then I have, sadly, ventured down south much rarer than I would've liked to. I always wish that I had more time and London was less, well...London (hectic/manic/huge/busy...) so I could visit my old neighbourhood. So when an opportunity presented itself on a lovely Saturday morning, we mounted our bike and took it for a scenic ride around Richmond Park. Conveniently enough, Tried and True is not too far from there and has long been on my list of places to visit.

Tried and True (@tried_true_cafe), located on the Upper Richmond Rd in Putney has a neighbourhood cafe feel to it. It's welcoming, it's bright and it's very friendly. As it was a glorious warm day we decided to sit at the table in the back garden (you can tell you're not in Central London - there is space!) and enjoy our late breakfast in the sunshine. Life was passing us by us leisurely with dog walkers and cyclists popping in for a coffee and pancakes. 

Tried and True. Photo by Marta Safin


Tried and True. Photo by Marta Safin

Tried and True. Photo by Marta Safin

Despite the temptation to give in to the crazy appeal of the pancakes, I opted for bread with preserves and didn't regret it. The gorgeous Seven Seeded sourdough with butter and jams was a perfect start to the weekend and washed down with an expertly made Square Mile piccolo felt sensational.

Tried and True. Photo by Marta Safin

Tried and True. Photo by Marta Safin

So for all of you hard-working, deadline chasing late nighters - this is the place to be on a lazy weekend. Don't rush, breathe, relax and have some coffee - life will feel more normal straight away.

Comments

Popular Posts