It's all about corn fritters...again


It's pretty much impossible not to hear the name Bill Granger in Australia. If you like brunch, he is your man. I did not get a chance to check out his place in Sydney during my last visit and I was very keen to pay a visit to his new London venture in Clerkenwell. As Granger and Co. do not take bookings I was not sure how long the queue would be but it turned out there was enough space to accommodate two hungry bikers having ridden back from Somerset that morning, straight away. Much to my disappointment Granger and Co. make their corn fritters with peppers and serve them with bacon - a big no no for a vegetarian allergic to peppers. Since I'm planning to go there for my birthday brunch in a couple of weeks I decided to be difficult on that occasion as I am desperate to have them! (a bacon and pepper-free sample from my partner's plate was enough to convince me of their quality!) I opted for Bill's granola instead which was a touch too sweet for me but the coconut yoghurt on the top just about saved it as did an Allpress flat white.




I enjoyed the Clerkenwell spot's decor as it has everything I like: green flowers, huge windows and clean lines in a bright space, as well as Aesop hand wash in the toilets.



I'm awaiting my party booking confirmation email with anticipation as I expect it to be one of my most delicious birthday meals!

Comments

Popular Posts