This week I'm drinking...Aroamaah!

I can never say 'no' to free coffee so when approached by Jeremy from aroamaah! (@aroamaah) and asked for feedback on their new coffee subscription service, in return for a box of free beans, I agreed instantly. That said, I always worry that the coffee sent to me will be of low quality and I might have to deliver negative feedback which, even if very valuable, is heartbreaking for a young business. My concerns proved unfounded with aroamaah! Their business model is ingenious in its simplicity: coffee from enthusiasts for coffee enthusiasts. They don't claim to be experts in the industry: they just love coffee. They send 3 packs of 100g coffee beans a month from different roasters so in 1 year you will have tried 36 different coffees. Their offering this month were beans branded A, B and C, from Bolivia, Rwanda and Indonesia.


I love the idea of introducing people to new coffees every month but for me a 100g is just not enough to fully experience the coffee. I find that it takes more than that to form an opinion as every time I make it I discover another flavour. (and it also takes me a couple of tries before I get all of the settings right for a perfect espresso!) After putting all 3 to the test (espresso/pourover/aeropress), my favourite was a coffee from Indonesia, which I found quite surprising as it tends to be my least preferred region.

All in all I'm impressed: with the right packaging I think these guys stand a good chance of making a name for themselves. Watch this space.

Comments

Popular Posts