First coffee of the day

There is a scene in one of my favourite shows, Ally McBeal, where Ally gives her friend some advice on how to drink the first cup of coffee of the day. It goes along these lines:

Ally: Don't just drink it. This is your first cup of the day. Do you know how most men actually make love is opposed to how you would like them to? You were about to drink this cappuccino like most men make love: skipping over all the foreplay. Now just, just hold it in your hands. Just knowing that it's close. 
Georgia: Yeah, I see what you mean. 
Ally: Now, close your eyes. And just think about tasting it. Now, smell it. Just a little. 

Now, pull it away. Just tease yourself a little. Up, and down. And up. Longer sniffs. 
Now, bring it up slow. Don't rush it. It only happens with the first cup. Slow. Slow. Slow. And drink. 
Georgia: Mmm. 
Ally: Mmm. 



I had my Ally McBeal moment (admittedly, one of many) the other day whilst having my first macchiato of the day at T-A-P (@tapcoffee). I don't know if it was the heart on top or the cute spoon but I just knew: this was going to be a great cup of coffee and by its nature it won't last very long, probably some four or five sips, so the moment of having the first one had to be special. I lifted the cup, sniffed the coffee, the strong aroma made my senses sing... so I put it back down and took a photo of it (below). As I reached for it again, my phone rang prolonging the impatiently awaited first taste even more. When I finally allowed my lips to meet the rim of the cup, the first sip was truly spectacular. I'm not sure if it was the anticipation or just purely the quality of the coffee but T-A-P was an unforgettable experience. And as I am now in possession of the cutest loyalty card (I won't reveal it, see for yourselves, I promise it's worth it!) I will most definitely be back for more.






Next time I tackle the Coffeesmiths Collective...


Comments

Popular Posts