Collective musings

The Coffeesmiths Collective (@CoffeesmithsHQ) is probably even more mad about coffee than I am. They have five shops, as well as a coffee school and an online store selling all of the coffee gadgets you might want or/and need.

Luckily for me, most of their coffee shops are in my vicinity so I visited four of them quite recently. They are all different and have their own very distinct and unique personalities fitting rather nicely into the area they are located in.

The Department of Coffee and Social Affairs (@DeptOfCoffee) (what a great name!) is a very chilled out place (although I went there on a scorching day, so it was quite appropriate that their tips plate had a sign 'we're saving for air-conditioning') and it is the biggest of the lot. Good place for a lunch break or social gathering with inviting wooden tables and quite a bit of space around them so you don't have to feel like you are eavesdropping on your neighbours' conversations.

Chancery Coffee (@ChanceryCoffee), located in a more traditional area, close to barristers' chambers and the Royal Courts of Justice pays tribute to all four Inns of Court by placing their arms on its cups.

Speakeasy Coffee (@SpeakeasyW1) is just off Carnaby street. Vibrant, with a very relaxed atmosphere and some funky art on the walls. It's a fun place to be, even if it seems a bit cold at first sight. The barristas there genuinely looked like they were enjoying themselves and my coffee was a reflection of it. It looked pretty and tasted even better but as I have already sampled some of the Collective's wares, by that point I expected nothing less.

And finally Tonic Coffee Bar (@TonicCoffee)...I like a man who makes me coffee, especially when he knows how I drink it, and at Tonic, there were three coffee-making men and my macchiato was flawless. Combine that with some great music and engaging conversation and there it is: the youngest of the Collective is also my favourite of their shops.


Whichever one of the Collective's shops you go to, you won't be disappointed. I'm certainly going back as soon as I can!


Comments

Popular Posts