Brunch chronicle part 3

I blame Lyndsay (@LyndsayKB) and her blog for introducing me to Caravan King's Cross (@CaravanKing'sCross) but I am very grateful. Located in the new Central Saint Martins' building behind King's Cross Station, the space is much bigger than I expected. The queue (the only down side to weekend brunches is that bookings are seldom taken by most places!) wasn't too excruciating and some 10 minutes from arrival we were seated and scanning the menu.

I'm not sure why I even pretended that I need time to decide: their poached eggs on toast with aubergine purée and yoghurt were on my mind long before I set foot at Caravan. I was so overwhelmed with my plate of food that by the time I remembered to take a picture it was already empty! Take my word for it: it looked pretty much as good as it tasted. Nice smoky flavours of the aubergine purée accompanied my strong and punchy long black rather deliciously.

I understand Lyndsay's high praises now and am joining the fan club, they use the delicious @StJohnBakery bread too!

Comments

  1. I've heard many good things about Caravan (both branches) for weekend brunch. Sadly I've only ever made it there for coffee (although that was very good)!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts