Takeaway? I'd rather sit, thanks

I have a longstanding relationship with coffee, we've been friends ever since I first tried it. I think I was about 14 when I decided to be a coffee drinker. I fancied myself as a bit of an artist back then you see and thought that every self-respecting writer must be addicted to coffee and cigarettes. I dropped the smoking habit since but the coffee stayed and helped me through some tough times.

Our coffee habits have changed dramatically over the years. It took my parents a long time to understand the concept of a 'coffee to go': why would you want to go anywhere with your coffee? Why would anyone choose to walk around with a paper cup rather than sit comfortably and enjoy the scrumptious beverage? I got sucked into the takeaway morning blend cult out of convenience and lack of time to savour the aroma and deep flavours. Saying that, I am now learning to appreciate coffee the way it is intended: in quirky coffee shops and cosy cafes.

And that's where the idea of this blog came from. So, join me on a journey through the best coffee places, starting in London, tasting different coffees from all over the world. Watch me learn about the roasting process and explore new blends. I'm in for a treat and I can't wait, happy reading!

Next: The perfect Sunday

Comments

Popular Posts