Brunch chronicle: Nopi


I normally choose my brunch spots through coffee - if the place uses beans I want to try, I then proceed to checking their food menu. I have made an exception for Nopi as I really wanted to experience the Ottolenghi (@ottolenghi) way of breaking fast. I must admit, my coffee wasn't strong enough and there were no full bodied flavours so next time I will probably choose a freshly squeezed orange juice instead. Seeing Hansen and Lydersen's salmon (@Hansen_Lydersen) as one of my options on the menu I didn't have to look any further. The portion size was completely overwhelming (even for me, whose breakfast is the biggest meal of the day) but Nopi takes my ultimate indulgence, scrambled eggs and smoked salmon, to a whole new level of luxury. The eggs were perfectly creamy and fluffy and the Norwegian delicacy even better than I remembered it (see previous mention of Hansen and Lyndersen here). The smell of Shakshuka from my partner's side of the table brought back memories of our holiday in Israel and the vibrant colours of our dishes, together with the coffee aroma, transformed a miserable rainy November Saturday morning into a summer feast.




         

Comments

Popular Posts